Alchemy is an int based skill used to create potions. In order to practice alchemy, you need an Alchemist's Mortar and a Boiling Cauldron, which is usually located inside a Mage's Shop. The basic cycle is you add ingredients to the mortar, and then put the mortar's contents into a boiling cauldron. To do this, simply click an ingredient and then click the mortar. Repeat this with all of the ingredients necessary for a potion. Then click on the mortar and click on a boiling cauldron. If you're successful, you will receive between 1 and 5 of the attempted potion.
The ingredient lists are mostly known through trial and error, or from website lists like here. The ingredients needed are gathered through various means, the most common being drops from monsters. It is usually recommended that anyone interested in taking this avenue of crafting to SAVE all drops in a container in their bank. If a player is unsure if an item is used in alchemy, clicking on the item will bring up the option to add it to a mortar whether the player has one or not. This is easy way to tell which items are alchemy items or not.
Other items, like bloodroot, must be obtained through foraging or planting. Most alchemy crafters also have the side-trades of foraging and planting for this reason. Although there is increased work with this crafting, it is also a very profitable trade to have.
- Bloodroot must be turned into Enchanted Bloodroot with the Enchant Flora spell before it can be used in alchemy.
- Mandrake seeds are foraged in hell type terrains. They are planted at level 70. Mandrake can not be enchanted, it´s used for potions like great stamina potion.
- To calculate your expected experience, take your alchemy level, multiply by the modifier and add the base exp.
- The formula looks like this: Level x Modifier + Base Exp = Experience (on success)
- Exp given for failure is found by dividing the experience granted on success by two.
- Potion of Dragon Essence can only be used by players that have at least 50 con and not like it shows in some old images that say 40.